Saturday, December 11, 2010

future plans

Lately my comm teachers have been talking to me about my future. They're too nice to me and have given me great confidence boosts! Currently my emphasis is Broadcasting, but I'd like to study Journalism. Especially after what my teachers have told me. I'm going to brag a bit here now.
Bro. B-Comm Department Chair- My favorite teacher ever! Bro B. told me: You can never stop writing. It would be such a waste of talent if you stopped. He also told me I should start freelance writing and that he expects a book/novel from me someday. He has given me full credit for multiple writing assignments this semester. I love his classes and how much he teaches me. I'm sad this is my last semester at BYU-Idaho, but I know where I want to go and what I want to do.

If Christian gets in to here (ASU):


I'll HOPEFULLY be going here:

THE WALTER CRONKITE SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION in downtown Phoenix.

I really hope Christian gets in to ASU, because I love going to school. I may complain at times and be stressed out, but I love what I'm studying. And I would love to go to the Cronkite school. I still love the Broadcasting field and at the Cronkite school I'd get to focus on Journalism but still get to learn about broadcasting and mass media stuff.

4 comments:

  1. and when you both get into where you WANT to go. ASU/walter c school
    then me and the boys will come and visit you and swim in your pool and drink your lemonade slushies and shop at your cool arizona stores! and we'll all LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh pick me to come with Denise and bring my boys too! I wanna go to AZ so bad! (:
    And, I loved loved loved Brother B when I was a comm major as well. My emphasis was interpersonal communications though (which they no longer have...hmm) and I wasn't too great at-or interested in-the writing aspects. I totally agree with him that you should keep it up though because even though I don't love writing, I totally love reading & I love reading stuff you write!
    Anyway, I will cross my fingers & pray that you guys get the AZ gig. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you email me your address? We want to send you a Christmas card.
    ashleyegbert@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryann. I had no idea you were wanting to go into journalism. The school you would be attending is where I go to school EVERY WEEK! I am getting my degree in Applied Ethics and it is out of the ASU Downtown Campus too! I can tell you all the parking tips. Or you could just live with us and we could carpool. Your choice.

    ReplyDelete