Wednesday, February 15, 2012

sunshine

Saturday breakfast:



I forgot how much I love to sleep in and then make breakfast!

Valentine's Day:

We decided to stay in for Valentine's Day. Christian really wanted Famous Dave's...but he got Not-So-Famous-Ryann's instead. Thanks to Denise, the appetizer was a hit! We named them "Spicy Piglets." Jalepeno peppers stuffed with crispy bacon and bubbly cheese. Christian loved them!


For dinner I made pulled pork, mashed reds and beans with bacon. It was bacon overload. Christian never gets it because I hate bacon so I don't buy it. But I wanted to make him something he loves. Plus, I left the chunks real big in the beans so I could easily pick it out and give it to him.


Instead of buying each other gifts, Christian purchased us a combined gift. And I'm so so excited for what it is. Are you ready?

He got me...well us...tickets to go see...



EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROS! I'm so excited I could cry.

PS, I shouldn't have bragged about the amazing weather last time. It's been freezing the last two days. Where did the sunshine go?

2 comments:

  1. MMM. I love your waffles. I remember eating them last time I was visiting you, and they were delish. The picture made my mouth water. Also, can I get the recipe for those jalepeno things?! They look super yum. I was at your mom's for a while last night, talking about you..

    Laughing my butt off the whole time. I just found a bunch of letters you wrote me, and seriously we were funny. Well, mostly you, but our adventures were funny. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I want recipes too. And, all your food pics made me drool. Please come fix me a waffle. With berries. You guys should definitely live closer to all of us! (:

    ReplyDelete