Sunday, January 8, 2012

On the streets of Tempe

This weekend was lovely. It was around 75 degrees. On Saturday, we went downtown Phoenix to the library. After, we drove around and looked at old houses. I love all the lemon and orange trees here. When we get a house, I want our backyard filled with them.



I got a check from BYU-Idaho. We're not 100% sure why...we think it was left over scholarship money. But since the weather was beautiful yesterday, I knew where I wanted to spend my money. So we headed to the bike shop. 3 bike shops to be exact.

The first shop was full of bikes...but the only girl bikes were overpriced beach cruisers. I don't know why, I just don't like beach cruisers. Maybe it's the fact that the seats on beach cruisers are humungous and I don't like to be reminded that my ace really IS that big.

The second store we went to mostly had mountain bikes. I hate mountain bikes. They're too complex for me. And listening to the clicking and clacking of gear changing makes me feel like I'm breaking the bike. Plus, they're ugly. They always come in the ugliest color combinations. It's like the bikes are saying, "Hey there! You must be a nature girl. That means you like ugly things. Pick me!"

Things were starting to look up at the third store. The first thing we noticed was that they carried small bikes. Do you know how hard it is to find a size small, women's bike? After some searching....drumroll please....

...I am now the proud owner of a black, single-speed bicycle. It's perfect. It's simple, a good color, good price, and is small.

We went on a very long bike ride last night to break her in. Then, today after church, we went on another bike ride.

3 comments:

  1. Your hubs looks a bit like Ashton Kutcher in that first bike riding pic...does he do stunt doubling? He's my fave actor, by the way. (:
    And, fun to get a bike! I'm jealous of 2 things: that it's warm enough to ride bikes for you, & that you have places to ride them. Have fun!
    Oh, and I LOVE the lemon/orange trees-how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you telling me you got rid of that beautiful pink and greenish bike we had at red brick house? I can't believe it. Haha! Love the new bike, and I love the orange trees and the weather.... Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Me and Jake were just saying it would be fun to have bikes. I remember that bike you had a long time ago that showed you how fast you went. I was so jealous of it! haha.
    We miss you guys and hope you enjoy your new bike :)

    ReplyDelete