Friday, August 31, 2012

Sunny San Diego

We had a fabulous weekend. Thursday night after I got off work, Christian, Scott, and myself drove to San Diego. It took us 5 1/2 hours and we pulled into San Diego at 4am Friday. We crashed Doug & Stacy's hotel and caught up on some sleep. We stayed at the Marriott in the Marina.
Friday, Doug was at his conference so the rest of us walked around the shops at the Marina. We ate lunch, shopped and watched a man balance rocks. It was a nice day, but a little chilly compared to Phoenix.

That night when Doug got back to the hotel, we headed to dinner. We ate at Phil's BBQ. We only had to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes in line. It was SO worth it. It was delicious! The boys agreed that it was the best ribs they've ever had. Christian loved his tri-tip. My favorite was the onion rings. After dinner we hung out at the pool.

Saturday we went to Coronado Beach all day long. It was so much fun. It was relaxing and the little island is awesome. The water was freeeeeeezing, but me, Christian and Scott managed to get in for about 30 minutes. Then we fell asleep on the beach for a while. Christian got a very nice tan...Scott and I....burn victims. My face even got blisters! It was bad. That night we had the best fish n' chips at Escape in the GasLamp district.

Sunday we all went to the Midway aircraft carrier. It was way cool. We got to do a self guided tour and go at our own pace. My favorite part of the ship? is it a ship? Anyway, my favorite part was the laundry room because it smelled the nicest. I also liked the cafeterias...I think I would've been there all the time if I was in the Navy.


That's it. I need to go peel some skin off my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment